Clinical Unit Visits
Clinical Unit Visits are short-term fellowships that enable young oncologists to spend time at a leading cancer care centre in Europe.
|Clinical Unit Visits||Spring 2015|
This six-week fellowship offers young oncologists the opportunity to gain insight into clinical research at a leading European centre of excellence and provides the opportunity to:
- Gain insight into oncology care and translational research at a top cancer centre
- Support efforts to expand professional networks with a European institution of excellence
- Apply the host institute’s high quality procedures and techniques in the home institution
Amount and duration
5000€ for 6 weeks
Host institutions will receive 1000€ for administration costs
- Be an ESMO member (or apply for membership)
- Be oncologists or oncologists in training with at least two years of clinical experience in internal medicine or medical, radiation or surgical oncology
- Be under the age of 40
- Be proficient in English
- Contact a host institute to organise the clinical visit and obtain the approval and confirmation of both the host and home institutes
- Have a reasonable level of English or the community language of the host institute
Application must include:
- Completed application form
- Digital photograph
- Motivation letter
- Weekly programme (received from the host institute)
- Name of host institute and acceptance letter from the person responsible for the clinical visit at the host facility
- Letter of recommendation from the candidate’s department head
Application review process:
Applications are reviewed by the ESMO Fellowship and Award Committee which comprises leaders in the field of medical, radiation, or surgical oncology as well as basic scientists participating in cancer research. The committee will select the recipients after evaluating and scoring all aspects of the application.
- The extent and level of previous education (CV)
- Motivation letter
- Other professional training
- Quality of the application
- How the acquired information and knowledge will be used in the home institute
The Committee will evaluate each applicant taking into consideration the above irrespective of race, sex, nationality, or religious/political views.
The candidate’s supervisors in both the host and home institute should preferably be Full or Associate ESMO members.
Important: All applications must be submitted in English; incomplete applications will not be accepted.