ESMO Asia 2016: Submit Your Abstract!
Share your research. Submit your abstract for ESMO Asia 2016
Abstract submission deadlines
|Deadline||Date and time|
|Abstracts||17 August 2016, 18:00 SGT (local Singapore Time) / 12:00 CEST (Central European Summer Time)|
|Late breaking abstracts||Final submission deadline* 2 November 2016, 18:00 SGT (local Singapore Time) / 11:00 CET (Central European Time)|
*A skeleton indicating the type of data that will be available by the late-breaking abstract deadline must be submitted online by the regular abstract deadline.
Final versions must be submitted by 2 November 2016, 18:00 SGT (local Singapore Time) / 11:00 CET (Central European Time).
|ESMO Asia 2016 abstract categories|
|Breast cancer, early stage||Breast cancer, locally advanced|
|Breast cancer, metastatic||CNS tumours|
|Developmental therapeutics||Endocrine tumours|
|Gastrointestinal tumours, colorectal||Gastrointestinal tumours, non-colorectal|
|Genitourinary tumours, prostate||Genitourinary tumours, non-prostate|
|Gynaecological cancers||Haematological malignancies|
|Head and neck cancer||Immunotherapy of cancer|
|Melanoma and other skin tumours||Neuroendocrine tumours|
|New diagnostics||NSCLC, early stage|
|NSCLC, locally advanced||NSCLC, metastatic|
|Supportive care||Thoracic malignancies, other|
|Translational research||Tumour biology and pathology|
All accepted abstracts will be published as a supplement to the ESMO journal, Annals of Oncology.
Travel grants to the congress will be available. Selection of travel grant recipients will be made by the Scientific Committee on a competitive basis from among the accepted abstracts submitted by candidates aged 40 years or younger. In addition to travel subsidies and accommodation, travel grant recipients will receive free registration to the congress.
To apply for a travel grant, the following documents must be received by the ESMO Congress Department on or before 17 August 2016.
- A letter of introduction by the applicant indicating the following general information:
- How relevant are the topics presented during this congress to your current practice and research?
- Have you attended any event on a similar topic in the last 3 years?
- How do you believe your attendance at this congress will help you improve your knowledge in the field and your professional development?
- How do you consider that the findings published in your abstract make a relevant contribution to the topics presented during this congress?
- Have you recently been awarded an ESMO travel grant? If yes, for which event?
- A copy of the submitted abstract (the applicant must be the first author and presenter)
- A readable photocopy of either identity card or passport
- A short curriculum vitae (maximum 2 pages)
Documentation must be sent by e-mail, or, if strictly necessary, by fax to +41 91 973 1918. ESMO will provide the recipients with a subsidised travel ticket, subsidised accommodation and congress registration. Travel grant recipients must submit a report detailing the benefits of participating in the congress by 20 January 2017.