Welcome to ESMO, the European Society for Medical Oncology
ESMO is Europe’s leading medical oncology society, providing a professional network for its members and working with national societies across Europe and around the world. Best practice knows no borders: we support and promote excellence throughout our field.
ESMO membership offers you more than just deep scientific and educational resources and widely accepted certification of your expertise. It opens the door to a prestigious international group of professionals who care passionately about serving our patients, advancing our discipline, and representing our profession at all political levels, both European and international.
At every opportunity – in congresses, publications, meetings, or on-line – ESMO listens to and speaks for Europe’s oncologists, giving our profession a shared, respected voice.
Your skill and commitment deserve recognition. Join ESMO: the European reference for oncology.
- To improve the quality of prevention, diagnosis, treatment, supportive and palliative care, as well as the follow-up of patients with malignant disorders
- To advance the art, science, recognition, and practice of oncology
- To disseminate knowledge in oncology to cancer patients and the public
- To educate and train persons involved in clinical cancer care and research
- To promote education in oncology in order to ensure a high standard of qualification of medical oncologists within the multidisciplinary team
- To facilitate equal access to optimal cancer care to all cancer patients
- To maintain liaisons with other oncology specialities, cancer leagues, universities, patient groups and, where appropriate, the pharmaceutical industry