SLACOM-ESMO Clinical Trials Workshop
Lima, Peru - 28 Oct - 30 Oct 2015
The Workshop focused on the conduct of clinical trials including the fundamental goals and organisational aspects of clinical trial design
By the end of the course participants had a good understanding of:
- Fundamental goals and organisational aspects of clinical trial design
- Good Clinical Practice of clinical trials
- Expert guidance in trial design
- How to identify funding opportunities
- What you need to know about statistics
- Clinical research networks in Latin America
- Overcoming regional challenges
- Interaction with international speakers
International speakers were available for one-on-one discussion and to provide expert guidance in trial design throughout the workshop.
What was included?
- ESMO provided all participants accepted for the Workshop with 12 months FREE ESMO membership (activated before the workshop) thereby giving all participants access to Annals of Oncology and OncologyPRO for the duration of the workshop. Current ESMO members had their membership extended by one year at no extra cost.
- Good Clinical Practice Certificate
- ESMO 23 Cat. 1 MORA points for the Medical Oncologist’s Recertification Approval Exam
- Up to 45 years old
- At least 2-3 years of experience in medical/clinical oncology
- Fluency in English
- Practising in the Latin American region
Places available for 40 young investigators – selected on a competitive basis.
- Fee: 250 €, 25% reduction for ESMO members.
The fee covers hotel, catering and educational materials.
- Carlos Vallejos-Solloguren: SLACOM Chair
- Christoph Zielinski: ESMO Chair
- Christian Rolfo: International Chair
- Urania Dafni, Greece
- Luis Raez, Miami, USA
- Gilberto Lopes, Brasil
- Henry Gomez, Peru
- Ana Oton, Denver, USA
- Marc Peeters, Belgium
- Andres Cardona, Colombia
- David Hong, Houston, USA
- Denisse Bretel, Peru