ESMO Preceptorship on Supportive and Palliative Care
Zurich, Switzerland - 20 Feb - 21 Feb 2017
- Understand mechanisms of the key symptoms and syndromes pain, fatigue, anorexia, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, constipation, mucositis, depression and breathlessness, and their association with cancer-disease and anticancer-treatment
- Describe main pharmacological, physical, educational, communicative and coordinating interventions for management of the syndromes cachexia and malnutrition and key symptoms
- Understand integration of screening for and assessment of symptoms and other palliative/supportive care needs, and management in routine oncology care
- Describe required competences of multidisciplinary and interprofessional teams for multimodal management
- Understand the key issues of cancer rehabilitation
- Understand bone health in cancer patients
- Understand the risk and management of venous Thromboembolism in cancer patients
- Understand Cardiotoxicity and its management also in the area of targeted agents
- Know the ESMO Clinical Practice Guidelines relevant for the topics discussed
How to apply
Application is via the online form. During the application process you will be required to upload the following:
- Your CV including a list of your publications
- 3-5 slides presenting a clinical case ( please use the ESMO Preceptorship Case Presentation Power Point template, provided here)
Application for the course is now closed.
Who can apply?
While this course is primarily aimed at oncologists resident in Europe, application is open to all ESMO members.
To apply, ESMO membership is mandatory. If you are not an ESMO member, or need to renew your membership, please visit the ESMO membership pages.
Successful applicants will benefit from complimentary course registration and accommodation.
In addition to the course registration and the hotel accommodation, a travel grant of maximum 600 euros is offered to selected applicants as a contribution versus their travel costs. The reimbursement will be processed after the course against original invoices/vouchers. Please be aware that visa costs are NOT covered by the travel grant and are the participant's responsibility.
- Florian Strasser, Switzerland
- Karin Jordan, Germany
8050 Zurich - Switzerland
T: +41 44 317 31 11