World GI 2012 – Gastrointestinal Cancer
Barcelona, Spain - 27 Jun - 30 Jun 2012
The ESMO 14th World Congress on Gastrointestinal Cancer was an unquestionable success and beneficial for all who participated!
World GI 2012 highlights
- The Congress was attended by more than 3,350 attendees from 105 countries
- Extensive coverage in the international press
- Endorsement from major societies and organisations
- The scientific agenda of the 2012 Congress made it the most comprehensive and most effective in addressing the educational needs of physicians.
- 74 international expert specialists led high quality sessions on a wide array of topics and met with participants in small, targeted groups
- Special sessions for young medical oncologists, surgeons and nurses, plus 10 satellite symposia, provided targeted educational opportunities
Presentation of cutting-edge research is one of the highlights of the World Congress. More than 350 abstracts were presented in the expansive poster sessions and published in a special supplement to the Annals of Oncology, representing the latest research from across the globe in colon, oesophageal, gastric, liver, pancreatic and rectal cancer. Seven travel grants were awarded to abstract submitters from developing nations.