World GI 2010 – Gastrointestinal Cancer
Barcelona, Spain - 30 Jun - 03 Jul 2010
ESMO’s 12th World Congress on Gastrointestinal Cancer was an unquestionable success and beneficial for all who participated!
- Record attendance, with more than 3,400 attendees from 95 countries
- Extensive coverage in the international press
- Endorsement from major societies and organisations
The scientific agenda of the 2010 Congress made it the most comprehensive and most effective in addressing the educational needs of physicians.
- 72 international expert specialists led high quality sessions on a wide array of topics and met with participants in small, targeted groups
- Special sessions for young medical oncologists and nurses, plus 7 satellite symposia, provided targeted educational opportunities
Presentation of cutting-edge research is one of the highlights of the World Congress. More than 400 abstracts were presented in the expansive poster sessions and published in a special supplement to the Annals of Oncology, representing the latest research from across the globe in colon, oesophageal, gastric, liver, pancreatic and rectal cancer. 16 travel grants were awarded to abstract submitters from developing nations.
Abstracts this year featured:
- Significant new data on neuroendocrine tumours
- New Phase 3 studies
- Updated information on new treatment in colorectal cancer
- Updates on molecular profiling of colon cancer
- Updates on new targeted agents in gastric cancer
- Updates on large trials on colorectal cancer