IMPAKT 2013: Programme
- Breast cancer heterogeneity - Mechanisms, capturing, and clinical implications
- Targeting the PI3K/AKT/mTOR axes in breast cancer
- Cancer reprogramming induced by treatment
- Biomarker driven neoadjuvant trials in breast cancer
- To provide information of the myriad discoveries that already have or will have impact on breast cancer research and treatment in the near future
- To put in perspective advances on a molecular level in cell biology, understanding of breast cancer heterogeneity and molecular pathways exploited for clinical purposes
- To keep in tune with scientific progress in breast cancer research as the therapeutic road from the laboratory to the clinic shortens
- To focus on premier data and technologies that sharpen the knife of molecular dissection and define the cellular structures that determine responsiveness to novel therapies
- To promote collaboration in breast cancer research, new ideas for projects, and create new contacts
Benefits in attending
- To receive a high scientific level overview of ongoing translational research in the field of breast cancer and enable the exchange of opinions between breast cancer researchers, scientists and clinicians
- To get an excellent opportunity to present within an interactive environment own research data to an international audience of high scientific profile, with the focus on hot topics in breast cancer research which are of interest to multiple disciplines
- To encourage breast cancer team integration with enhanced discussions amongst specialists through the facilitation of networking opportunities
- To attend the training course dedicated to early-career researchers, focusing on “the must know” fundamental insights and novel technologies in translational research of breast cancer
The programme of this event will be:
- Accredited 24 ESMO-MORA category 1 points
- Accredited 21 CME credits from ACOE (Accreditation Council for Oncology in Europe). ACOE accreditation has been endorsed by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (EACCME), an institution of the European Union of Medical Specialists (UEMS). These credits are also recognised by the American Medical Association (AMA) as Physician’s Recognition Award (AMA PRA category 1 credits)
All abstracts will be published online as a supplement of the official ESMO journal, Annals of Oncology.
Webcasts and Reports
Webcasts and reports from the conference will be available on OncologyPRO.
In addition to a wider range of scientific information and news services, OncologyPRO provides access to materials developed by ESMO.
ESMO designed OncologyPRO in partnership with Thomson Reuters specifically to foster the sharing of knowledge and best practice for both clinical practice and research. OncologyPRO offers ESMO members an unparalleled resource - integrating regularly updated oncology news, clinical research, biomarker and drug databases, practice guidelines and tools, clinical trial information, abstracts from more than 110 oncology-relevant journals and more, in a simple, searchable platform.