ESMO 2010 Congress
Milan, Italy - 08 Oct - 12 Oct 2010
Thank you for participating in our record breaking Congress in Milan, 8-12 October 2010. The 35th ESMO Congress was certainly our most successful Congress to date, mainly due to the high quality of the scientific programme, but also because but also in terms of organisation. This was reflected by the IAPCO excellence award ESMO has been honoured to receive.
ESMO 2010 Congress Highlights:
- Nearly 16,000 participants from 124 different countries, up 40% from our 2008 Congress
- 1,683 abstracts submitted, up 67% from 2008
- 27 Late-breaking abstracts presented, increase of 200%!
- Nearly 6,500 patients treated in randomised trials presented at our Congress
- 3,000 press mentions to date—and rising
- Over 1,000 new ESMO members joined during the Congress
Only time will tell the true impact of the practice changing studies presented at the ESMO Congress and we will continue to monitor progress and report back periodically.
Thank you for showing your support for ESMO!