ESMO Labelled, Supported and Partnership Meetings
ESMO cooperates with national oncology associations and institutes, cancer leagues and other local groups to ensure the highest academic standards in their programmes and to stimulate continuing medical oncology education and training. Find out how your society can benefit.
Supported meetings are educational meetings proposed, arranged and financed by a third party.
After evaluation by the ESMO Educational Committee that the proposed programme is of a high academic standard, ESMO can grant the event support, which consists of maximum of two speakers preferably coming from the ESMO Faculty and approved by the ESMO Educational Committee.
The financial support will consist of:
- €1000 per approved speaker for travel to meetings in Europe and North Africa
- €1500 per approved speaker for travel to meetings outside of Europe and North Africa
ESMO also grants continuing medical education points for accreditation within the ESMO Medical Oncologists' Recertification Approval (MORA) programme.
Completed applications must be submitted to the ESMO Head Office before 1 May of the year preceding the event.
Please contact us (Select ‘Events' then 'General') for more information.
Labelled meetings are educational meetings organised by other associations or groups. After evaluation by the Educational Committee that the proposed programme is of a high academic standard, ESMO grants:
- the ESMO label and
- continuing medical education (CME) points for accreditation within the ESMO Medical Oncologists' Recertification Approval (MORA) programme
ESMO Labelled Meeting Policy
- Application for an ESMO Labelled meeting can only be submitted by not for profit cancer organisations (national medical societies – cancer related organisations), cancer societies, research centres, hospital/institutions and societies holding a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) agreement with ESMO
- Any of the organisations fulfilling the criteria specified in the application form and wishing to apply for an ESMO Labelled meeting must sign first a MoU agreement with ESMO for three years (or have a MoU already in place with ESMO)
- An administration fee of €600 will be charged by ESMO for each event application
- Any organisation wishing to apply for their meeting to be ‘ESMO Labelled’ must agree to provide ESMO with slides/webcasts of the event’s lectures/sessions. The content provided will be published on OncologyPRO, as an educational resource. Permissions from authors should also be supplied.
Please note: Pharmaceutical companies, pharmaceutical foundations, commercial organisations and individuals of any sort are excluded from the MoU agreement and therefore cannot apply for an ESMO Labelled meeting.
Once the MoU is in place, the completed application must be submitted to the ESMO Head Office at least three months prior to the event.
Please contact us (Select ‘Conferences then 'General') for more information.
Partnership Meetings are contractual joint-venture events between ESMO and specific societies and/or organisations that promote high quality oncological education. ESMO is represented on the Scientific Committee.
Please contact us (Select ‘Events then 'General') for more information.