IMPAKT 2014: Information for Media Representatives
Anticipating the future of personalised medicine
The sixth edition of the IMPAKT conference on translational research in breast cancer will figure out how to best develop and better individualise new strategies to fight against breast cancer, putting current and future issues into perspective. In recent years, translational research in breast cancer has evolved at such a fast pace that it has made all believe that our dream of truly personalised medicine in breast cancer might soon become a reality. However, despite some advances, there are still many research goals to be achieved…
Having laboratory discoveries translated into clinical practice is what patients need, but it is equally important that data collected in the clinic get back to researchers to allow them to dig more deeply into the biological behaviour of the disease. Around 450 attendees are expected from throughout Europe and the rest of the world.
- Patient-derived xenografts: models for breast cancer drug development
- Liquid biopsies: a convenient tool to monitor response and resistance to targeted therapies
- Nanotechnology: potential approaches for the treatment and diagnosis of breast cancer
- Pathways for drug discovery and development: from next generation genomics to next generation therapies
- Molecular sequencing: ethical, legal and social implications
- Clinical implications of immune modulation in breast cancer
- Dissecting cancer through mathematics: from the cell to the animal model
BIG and ESMO welcome media interested in obtaining information and reporting on cancer issues. Registration is free to bona fide journalists on presentation of a letter of assignment and a valid press card.
Media representatives are required to observe and abide by the IMPAKT Media Policy.
To register for the event, please complete Media Registration Form. Media registration in advance is strongly recommended although on-site registration will still be possible.
Further information for press representatives will be made available regularly. Please contact the IMPAKT Press Office if you already want to schedule interviews or for any additional question.
On-site Press Room opening hours
Registered journalists can access all conference sessions and the IMPAKT Press Room.
|Thursday 8 May 2014||10:00 – 18:00|
|Friday 9 May 2014||08:00 – 18:00|
|Saturday 10 May 2014||08:00 – 13:00|
IMPAKT Press Office
c/o ESMO Press Office
Follow all the news and updates from the conference on Twitter by using the hashtag #IMPAKT14