Pre-IMPAKT 2014 Training Course
The Conference organisers are pleased to announce a training course designed for early to mid-career oncologists and research scientists on Wednesday, 7 and Thursday, 8 May 2014.
The training course, designed by Christine Desmedt, Fabrice André and Peter Schmid, is particularly focused to the needs of young professionals early in their careers – providing them with an understanding of key topics in translational research that are relevant for patient care in breast cancer.
Dates and registration:
The course will take place 7-8 May 2014. Attendance will be restricted to 100 participants selected by the IMPAKT 2014 Scientific Committee on the basis of applications submitted.
The application instructions and form will be available from December 2013.
Training course learning objectives:
- To understand the importance of translational research and how its integration can advance solving current clinical problems for breast cancer patients
- To understand essential concepts in basic science relevant for breast cancer research and tools available for translational research
- To understand the rapidly evolved research areas on new techniques and technologies and how they provide new biological understanding of breast cancer
- To understand from different perspectives the concept of translations of research findings from bench to bedside
- Techniques and technologies
- Basics in cancer cell biology
- Sample collection
- Rapidly evolving research areas
- Additional tools for translational research
- Translation from biomarker to the clinic
The programme of this event will be:
- Accredited with ESMO-MORA category 1 points
- Submitted for CME accreditation to the EACCME (Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education). EACCME is an institution of the European Union of Medical Specialists (UEMS). These credits are also recognised by the American Medical Association (AMA) as Physician’s Recognition Award (AMA PRA Category 1 credits)
The Conference webcast will include all the session of the official programme, where speaker permission is granted, and will be available here and on OncologyPro for ESMO Members.