IMPAKT 2013: Information for Press & Media Representatives
Making sure that the latest discoveries from mechanistic understanding and new technologies can be brought to the clinic in the near future
Now in its fifth year, the IMPAKT conference on translational research in breast cancer will offer a fascinating discussion on how to translate cancer biology right into the lives of patients, with special focus on heterogeneity of the disease, issues around biopsies and others, aiming to improve the clinics.
Around 500 attendees are expected from throughout Europe and the rest of the world.
#IMPAKT13: Join the online conversation via Twitter
Abstracts accepted for poster presentation and for publication in the IMPAKT 2013 Abstract book were published on Monday, 22 April 2013 and can be found here .
Abstracts accepted for oral presentation and abstracts selected for the official IMPAKT 2013 Press Programme will be embargoed until the official opening of the IMPAKT 2013 Conference, Thursday, 2 May 2013, 12:00 (CEST)
Journalists are required to observe embargoes as indicated, thank you!
- Breast cancer heterogeneity - Mechanisms, capturing, and clinical implications
- How much is there at the start and how much happens over time
- Can host immune response beat tumour heterogeneity or does it complicate outcomes?
- Dissemination and organ specific metastasis of breast cancer: how does heterogeneity play a role?
- Can heterogeneity in advanced breast cancer be captured by molecular imaging?
- Targeting the PI3K/AKT/mTOR axes in breast cancer
- Cancer reprogramming induced by treatment: is it a problem and can we predict and inhibit it in the clinic?
- Biomarker driven neoadjuvant trials in breast cancer
- How to avoid false positive and false negative results in the assessment of oestrogen and progesterone receptor status
- In a world of breast cancer heterogeneity is the biopsy of metastasis helpful or distracting?
- Integrating breast cancer genomics and proteomics – shooting for the moon
On-site Press Office opening hours:
|Thursday 2 May 2013||10:00 – 18:00|
|Friday 3 May 2013||08:00 – 18:00|
|Saturday 4 May 2013||08:00 – 13:00|