ESMO 2016: Abstracts
Abstract submission for ESMO 2016 is now closed
Abstract outcome and travel grant notifications will be sent to the presenter (first author) by mid-July.
Withdrawal of an abstract
The first author wishes to withdraw his/her abstract from ESMO 2016 after outcome notifications have been made available, he/she must submit a written request within thirty-six (36) hours. Any abstract withdrawal requests made after 36 hours cannot be assured of removal from the ESMO 2016 Abstract Book.
Abstract submission deadline
|Deadline||Date and time|
Intent to submit LBA
Trial in Progress
|11 May 2016, 21:00 CEST (Central European Summer Time)|
|Final Late-breaking abstracts (LBA)||Final submission deadline 23 August 2016, 21:00 CEST (Central European Summer Time)|
Late-breaking abstracts (LBA)
Late-breaking abstracts may be submitted for high quality, new research findings with implications for clinical practice or understanding of disease processes.
Only abstracts for which no conclusive data are available at the time of the abstract submission deadline of 11 May 2016 will be considered for late-breaking status. A skeleton indicating the type of data that will be available by the late-breaking abstract deadline must be submitted online by the regular abstract deadline. Submitters of preliminary versions receiving approval to proceed must submit the final LBA by 23 August 2016, 21:00 CEST (Central European Summer Time)
The final late-breaking abstract deadline of 23 August 2016 is under no circumstances to be considered as an extension of the general submission deadline.
Presentation and publication of accepted abstracts
The ESMO 2016 Scientific Committee will select abstracts for presentation during the Congress based on the following possibilities:
- Presidential Symposium – Oral presentations by authors of the very best abstracts containing cutting-edge and significant clinical practice-changing studies, followed by expert discussion and perspectives.
- Proffered Paper – Oral presentations by authors presenting original data of superior quality, followed by expert discussion and perspectives.
- Poster Discussion – Presentation and analysis by an invited speaker highlighting important findings within a disease type or about a common theme plus interactive audience discussion.
- Poster – Display sessions for review, discussion and questions. Rotated by category, posters will be displayed for one day of the Congress and the presenting authors must be available for Q&A for one hour to represent their work.
All accepted abstracts will be published in the ESMO 2016 Abstract Book.
- Abstracts accepted for presentation at ESMO 2016 as Poster Discussion and Poster will be published online on the ESMO website at 12:00 CEST (local Swiss time) on Wednesday, 28 September 2016.
- Abstracts accepted for presentation at ESMO 2016 as Proffered Paper (oral presentation) will be published online on the ESMO website at 12:00 CEST (local Swiss time) on Wednesday, 05 October 2016.
- Late-breaking abstracts will be made public at 08:15 CEST (local Swiss time) on the day of the official Congress session during which they are presented.
- Abstracts selected for the official ESMO Press Programme will be made public at the beginning of the official Press Conference during which they are presented at 08:15 or 12:30 CEST (local Swiss time).