ESMO 2014: Programme
ESMO 2014 will offer the chance to share knowledge in a dynamic, peer-to-peer environment, where new ideas and new collaborations appear spontaneously at every corner.
The theme for ESMO 2014 is ‘Precision Medicine in Cancer Care.’ Providing optimal treatment for patients according to individual circumstances and the molecular characteristics of their disease is also a key theme for ESMO when developing new conferences, products and services. Whether you are a medical or surgical oncologist, radiotherapist, immunologist or pathologist, practicing precision medicine means we are all working towards a common goal—improved patient outcomes.
For a quick overview of our programme, you can download the Programme at a Glance here.
Plan your congress attendance by creating our personalised itinerary: to log in please use your last name and your myESMO ID. Your itinerary will not be linked to the programme included in the ESMO 2014 mobile app.
Publication schedule for accepted abstracts
- All accepted abstracts will be published in the Congress Abstract Book (online and USB only), a supplement of Annals of Oncology.
- Abstracts accepted for presentation at ESMO 2014 as Poster Discussion and Poster will be published online on the ESMO website at 12:00 local Swiss time on Wednesday, 17 September 2014.
- Abstracts accepted for presentation at ESMO 2014 as Proffered Paper (oral presentation) will be published online on the ESMO website at 12:00 local Swiss time on Wednesday, 24 September 2014.
- Late-breaking and deferred publication abstracts will be made public at the beginning of the official Congress session during which they are presented.
- Abstracts selected for the official ESMO Communication Programme will be made public at the end of the official Press Conference or at the beginning of the official Congress session during which they are presented, whichever comes first.
The programme of this event will be:
- Accredited with ESMO-MORA category 1 points
- Submitted for CME accreditation to the EACCME (Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education). EACCME is an institution of the European Union of Medical Specialists (UEMS). These credits are also recognised by the American Medical Association (AMA) as Physician’s Recognition Award (AMA PRA Category 1 credits).
The entire programme of the ESMO 2014 Congress will be webcast. Access to the Congress webcasts will be granted to all ESMO members through OncologyPRO. They will also be available on the ESMO website for six months following the Congress to all delegates who elect to pay the additional webcast fee. After this period the webcasts will be removed from the ESMO website.