ESMO 2014: Abstracts
Abstract outcome notifications
Abstract and travel grant outcome notifications were sent via e-mail to the first and presenting authors in early-July 2014.
Authors receiving a positive outcome for the preliminary submission will be granted online access to the placeholder record in order to upload the final version of the abstract by the late-breaking abstract deadline 20 August 2014 (23:59 Central European Summer Time).
The ESMO 2014 Scientific Committee will re-consider the final abstract to determine whether it will be accepted as a late-breaking abstract for ESMO 2014. A decision will be made between the following three options:
- Accepted for oral presentation: Accepted late-breaking abstracts will be presented orally in a Proffered Paper session or in a Presidential Symposium.
- Accepted for Poster Discussion: Presentation during a Poster Discussion session
- Rejected: Late-breaking submitted abstracts that do not meet the criteria for oral presentation will not be accepted for presentation during the Congress and will not be published.
The presenters of accepted late-breaking abstracts will receive notification and further instructions by early-September 2014.
Publication schedule for accepted abstracts
All accepted abstracts will be published in the Congress Abstract Book (online and USB only), a supplement of Annals of Oncology.
- Abstracts accepted for presentation at ESMO 2014 as Poster Discussion and Poster will be published online on the ESMO website at 12:00 local Swiss time on Wednesday, 17 September 2014.
- Abstracts accepted for presentation at ESMO 2014 as Proffered Paper (oral presentation) will be published online on the ESMO website at 12:00 local Swiss time on Wednesday, 24 September 2014.
- Late-breaking abstracts will be made public at the beginning of the official Congress session during which they are presented.
- Abstracts selected for the official ESMO Communication Programme will be made public at the end of the official Press Conference or at the beginning of the official Congress session during which they are presented, whichever comes first.