ELCC 2015: Programme
The European Lung Cancer Conference is organised by top academic experts in lung cancer and thoracic malignancies.
The conference is relevant for medical oncologists, radiation oncologists, thoracic surgeons, respiratory physicians, and other medical professionals involved in the diagnosis, treatment and follow-up of patients with lung cancer.
- To provide a regular update to all thoracic oncology specialists on different multidisciplinary topics important for research and clinical care in their practice
- To discuss critically the increasing understanding of biology of thoracic tumours and how it changes the diagnostic and treatment landscape
- To present the latest advances in preclinical and clinical research in different settings across lung and other thoracic malignancies
Main themes for ELCC 2015
- Evolving role of surgery in metastatic disease
- Refining radiotherapy for lung cancer
- Expanding role of biomarkers for NSCLC
- Immunotherapy in our treatment paradigm
- Evolving ablative strategies in oncogene driven tumours
- Groundbreaking approaches in SCLC and mesothelioma
This multidisciplinary thoracic oncology conference addresses the scientific and educational needs of key specialists and trainees: medical and radiation oncologists, thoracic surgeons, pathologists, pulmonologists, radiologists, research physicians and allied health professionals. Topics will include:
- Molecular testing in advanced NSCLC: clinical practice, clinical trials, emerging biomarkers
- Immunotherapy in NSCLC: new findings and how to select patients for this approach
- Role of local therapies in oligoprogressive oncogenic-driven lung cancer
- Surgical and radiotherapeutic approaches to oligometastatic disease
- Advanced NSCLC without driver mutations: treatment approaches
- Small cell lung cancer: the evolving role of radiotherapy
- Mesothelioma: standards and controversies
- Specialty sessions for profound discussion of discipline specific controversies
Benefits of attending
- This is THE European thoracic oncology CME conference in 2015. Lung cancer specialists from a wide range of disciplines will share information on the latest developments in basic, clinical and translational research
- Interaction between the audience and faculty will ensure that the data presented will be put into perspective for clinical practice. The format will include numerous clinical real-world decision questions
- Multidisciplinary Interactive Symposia will provide additional opportunities to interact with the faculty. Topics will focus on issues that clinicians face in their daily practice
- Specific sessions designated for certain oncology specialties while the overall conference highlights the need for multidisciplinary collaboration
- Lectures designed to analyse and effectively interpret the increasing amount of new clinical data available for multidisciplinary treatment decisions in patients with lung cancer and other thoracic malignancies
- Top expert faculty will do the best to determine the optimal roles of new diagnostics and therapeutics in clinical scenarios for the treatment of patients with early, locally-advanced and metastatic disease
ESMO-MORA: The conference programme has been submitted for ESMO-MORA category 1 points accreditation. Recertification is necessary for medical oncologists to remain professionally certified by ESMO. It also guarantees that a certified medical oncologist has continued to update her/his knowledge and still possess the necessary skills and standards for the practice of medical oncology. See here for further details.
CME: ELCC 2015 will be submitted for accreditation to the European Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (EACCME) to provide the following CME activity for medical specialists. Through an agreement between the European Union of Medical Specialists and the American Medical Association, physicians may convert EACCME credits to an equivalent number of AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Information on the process to convert EACCME credit to AMA credit can be found online here.
The Conference webcasts will include all the session of the official programme, where speaker permission is granted, and will be available on this website and OncologyPro for ESMO members.