ELCC 2015: Abstracts
ELCC is an important annual multidisciplinary meeting in the field of thoracic oncology, co-organised by the European Society for Medical Oncology (ESMO) and the International Association for the Study of Lung Cancer (IASLC) and in partnership with other important societies representing thoracic oncology specialists: ESTRO, ESTS and ETOP.
Abstract submission for ELCC 2015 closed on Monday 12 January 2015
Abstract submission deadlines
|Deadline||Date & Time|
|Abstracts||Deadline extended to Monday, 12 January 11:59 (CET) (originally 7 January 2015, 23:59 CET)|
|Late-breaking abstracts||Final submission deadline* 10 February 2015, 23:59 CET|
*A skeleton indicating the type of data that will be available by the late-breaking abstract deadline must be submitted online by the regular abstract deadline.
Final versions must be submitted by 10 February 2015, 23:59 CET (Central European Time).
|ELCC 2015 abstract categories|
|Tumour biology and pathology||Prevention; Early detection; Epidemiology; Tobacco control|
|Translational research||Imaging and staging|
|SCLC||Early stage NSCLC|
|Locally advanced NSCLC||Advanced NSCLC|
|Metastases to and from the lung||Mesothelioma|
All invited and accepted abstracts will be published as a supplement to the Annals of Oncology.
A restricted number of travel grants to the conference will be available. Selection of travel grant recipients will be made by the Scientific Committee on a competitive basis from among the accepted abstracts submitted by candidates aged 40 years or younger. A certain number of those grants are designated for young oncologists coming from developing countries. In addition to travel subsidies and accommodation, travel grant recipients will receive free registration to ELCC 2015.
To apply for a travel grant, the following documents must be received by the ELCC 2015 Secretariat c/o the ESMO Congress Department on or before 7 January 2015.
- A letter of introduction by the applicant indicating the following general information:
- How relevant are the topics presented during this Conference to your current practice and research?
- Have you attended any event on a similar topic in the last 3 years?
- How do you believe your attendance at this Conference will help you improve your knowledge in the field and your professional development?
- How do you consider that the findings published in your abstract make a relevant contribution to the topics presented during this Conference?
- Have you recently been awarded an ESMO travel grant? If yes, for which event?
- A copy of the submitted abstract (the applicant must be the first author and presenter)
- A readable photocopy of either identity card or passport
- A short curriculum vitae (maximum 2 pages)
Documentation must be sent by e-mail, or, if strictly necessary, by fax to +41 91 973 1918. The ELCC 2015 organisers will provide the recipients with a subsidised travel ticket, subsidised accommodation and Conference registration. Travel grant recipients must submit a report detailing the benefits of participating in ELCC 2015 by 8 May 2015.