ELCC 2014: Information for Media Representatives
While lung cancer remains at the top of the list of big killers worldwide, research to fight this disease progresses. Latest results and state-of-the art treatment options will be discussed at the 4th European Lung Cancer Conference (ELCC), which has become the reference event in Europe for professionals treating lung cancers.
The event is co-organised by the European Society for Medical Oncology (ESMO) and the International Association for the study of Lung Cancer (IASLC). 1,500 attendees are expected from throughout Europe and the rest of the world.
- Immunotherapy in non-small-cell lung cancer: the new frontier
- Recent findings and patient selection approaches
- Molecular testing in advanced NSCLC: clinical practice, clinical trials, emerging biomarkers
- Prognostic markers: ready for prime-time?
- Potential biomarkers for screening
- Clinical trials in advanced NSCLC
- Worldwide landscape
- Design challenges
- Targeted therapies:
- New developments
- Challenges of the new target pathways
- New toxicities
- Advanced NSCLC without driver mutations: which treatment approaches?
- Smoking cessation as part of cancer therapy: does it really impact outcome?
- Controversy: surgery vs. stereotactic Body Radiation Therapy in operable NSCLC patients
- Sexual dysfunctions in lung cancer patients
ESMO and IASLC welcome media interested in obtaining information and reporting on cancer issues. Registration is free to bona fide journalists on presentation of a letter of assignment and a valid press card. Media representatives are required to observe and abide by the ELCC Media Policy.
To register for the event, please complete the Media Registration Form. Media registration in advance is strongly recommended although on-site registration will still be possible.
Further information for press representatives will be made available regularly. Please contact the ELCC Press Office if you already want to schedule interviews or for any additional question.
On-site Press Room opening hours
|Wednesday 26 March 2014||11:00 – 18:00|
|Thursday 27 March 2014||08:00 – 18:00|
|Friday 28 March 2014||08:00 – 18:00|
|Saturday 29 March 2014||08:00 – 13:00|
ELCC Press Office
c/o ESMO Press Office
Tel: +41 (0)91 973 19 04
Follow all the news and updates from the conference on Twitter by using the hashtag #ELCC14