Travel Grants for ESMO Young Oncologists
Throughout the year we offer a limited number of travel grants for ESMO young oncologists to attend various educational meetings.
ESMO Preceptorship Courses are educational events on specific topics and/or cancer types and are led by experts in their field. They are designed to provide a specific learning experience and training for oncologists. While these courses are particularly suitable for young oncologists and for general oncologists wishing to update their knowledge, they are open to all ESMO members. The registration and accommodation is included at these events, and a travel grant is offered to successful applicants. There are preceptorship courses during autumn and spring, taking place in European cities and/or Singapore.
Application requirements: Complete the online form by the given deadline (include CV and a clinical study on 3-5 slides)
Preceptorship travel grants: While all courses are open for applications from all ESMO members, the courses are primarily aimed at those living in Europe (when taking place in a European city) or Asia (when the venue is Singapore).
When applying, please bear in mind that the travel grant for a Preceptorship course is maximum € 600 (against receipts), no matter your place of residence, and that travelling to some countries may require that you obtain a visa.
2015 travel grants
- Signalling Pathways 2015, 13-14 March 2015, Barcelona, Spain
- 2015 ESMO Clinical Trials Course, 27-28 March 2015, Vienna, Austria
- ELCC 2015, (related to abstract submission), 15-18 April 2015, Geneva, Switzerland
- IMPAKT 2015, (related to abstract submission), 7-9 May 2015, Brussels, Belgium
2014 travel grants
- ESMO Symposium on Immuno-Oncology 2014, 21-22 November 2014, Geneva, Switzerland
- ESMO 2014 (related to abstract submission), 26-30 September 2014, Madrid, Spain
- ESMO Preceptorship on Colorectal Cancer, Prague, Czech Republic, 22-23 May 2014
- IMPAKT 2014 (related to abstract submission), 8-10 May 2014, Brussels, Belgium
- ESMO Preceptorship on GI Neuroendocrine Tumours (NETs), Singapore, 11-12 April 2014
- European Lung Cancer Conference, 26-29 March 2014, Geneva, Switzerland
- ESMO Clinical Trials Course for Eastern Europe, 11-12 March 2014, Budapest, Hungary
- Signalling Pathways 2014, 28 February –1 March 2014, Sitges, Spain
- ESMO-Christie Lung Cancer Course, 12-14 February 2014, Manchester, UK
2013 travel grants
In 2013, travel grants were available for the following meetings:
- ESMO Preceptorship on on Gastric Cancer, Singapore, 20-21 December 2013
- ESMO Preceptorship on Prostate Cancer, Lugano, Switzerland, 28-29 November 2013
- ESMO Symposium on Immuno-Oncology 2013: Advances in cancer immunotherapy; from vaccines to antibodies and cell therapies, Geneva, Switzerland, 15-16 November 2013
- ESMO Preceptorship on Prostate Cancer, Berlin, Germany, 16-17 October 2013
- ESMO Preceptorship on Colorectal Cancer, Berlin, Germany, 14-15 October 2013
- ESMO Preceptorship on Gastric Cancer, Berlin, Germany, 11-12 October 2013