The Christie NHS Foundation Trust
ESMO Fellowship Host Institute
|Contact person||Diane Byrne|
|Contact||Tel: +44 161 446 3683 - diane(dot)byrne(at)christie(dot)nhs(dot)uk|
|Web||The Christie NHS Foundation Trust|
- Translational Research Fellowship
- Clinical Research Fellowship
- Clinical Unit Visit Fellowship
NB: The Christie NHS Foundation Trust recommends that applications for fellowships must be received at their institute at least one month prior to the ESMO Fellowship application deadline, in order to allow time for processing your request.
Training Experience Required
- Proficient in English.
- Clinical experience in drug development and clinical research is advantageous.
- For translational research fellowships, documented lab experience is advantageous.
- The Christie NHS Foundation Trust is one of the largest cancer centres in Europe, treating more than 40,000 patients a year. It was the first centre in the UK to be officially accredited as a comprehensive cancer centre.
- The Clinical Trials Unit has around 200 trials on going at any given time and is specifically designed to facilitate early phase research of experimental anticancer therapies.
- Early Phase Clinical Research including complex multimodality first-in-human trials, novel combinations and biomarker-driven translational studies.
- Tumour-specific research and multi-disciplinary collaborations.
- Pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic biomarker analysis, genomics and clinical proteomics, full imaging facilities, clinical trial design.
- ESMO Designated Centre of Integrated Oncology and Palliative Care.
- Clinical Trials Unit dedicated to translational, early phase and later phase clinical trials across a range of disease specific areas.
- Cancer Research Laboratories within The Paterson Institute for Cancer Research (part of The University of Manchester) fully equipped for investigating the molecular and cellular basis of cancer, translational research including biomarker development and the development of therapeutics.
- The Christie School of Oncology with previous experience of ESMO fellows.
- Dedicated faculty with structured organisation and international contacts.