Skane University Hospital
ESMO Fellowship Host Institute
|Contact person||Prof Mef Nilbert|
|Contact||Tel: +4646177501 - susanne(dot)andre(at)med(dot)lu(dot)se|
|Web||Skane University Hospital|
- Translational Research Fellowship
- Clinical Research Fellowship
- Clinical Unit Visit Fellowship
Skane University Hospital serves the southern Sweden health care region with 1.7 million inhabitants. A regional cancer centre coordinates cancer treatment between regional hospitals and the two University Hospitals in Lund and Malmo. The hospitals work in close collaboration with Lund University with offers broad education by over 6000 staff to more than 47 000 students from all over the world.
The Department of Oncology houses several research groups under the two main branches Canceromics and Molecular Oncology & Clinical Applications.
Through a multidisciplinary approach, scientists, health care personnel, technologists, and informaticians endeavour to improve the diagnosis, treatment, and care of cancer patients.
Our goals include:
- International-quality research and collaboration in studies of hereditary cancer, breast cancer, colorectal cancer, melanoma, urothelial cancer, sarcoma, lymphoma, and other malignancies
- Translational bridging from basic science and epidemiology to clinical application catalysed by lab facilities joined to the clinic
- Continuous development of a scientific milieu in which researchers benefit from population-based registries, in-house biobanks linked to clinical data, and strategic investments in new technologies
- Laboratory facilities with molecular technologies including large-scale genomic analyses
- A full clinical department with medical oncology and radiation oncology and expertise in a wide range of tumour types, including 4 clinical wards and a clinical trial unit
- Regional cancer register
- Regional cancer centre