Fondazione IRCCS, Istituto Nazionale dei Tumori, Milan
ESMO Fellowship Host Institute
|Contact person||Dr. Roberto Salvioni (Chair)|
Via G. Venezian 1
20133 Milan (IT)
|Contact||Tel: +39 02 2390 2402 - roberto(dot)salvioni(at)istitutotumori(dot)mi(dot)it|
|Web||Fondazione IRCCS Istituto Nazionale dei Tumori, Milan|
- Translational Research Fellowship
- Clinical Unit Visit Fellowship
Training Experience Required
At least 2 years and no more than 8 years of post-doc specialisation in medical oncology. Prior experience in GU-oncology and in a multistrategy setting (medical oncologists + surgeons) will be an added value.
Comprehensive cancer centre with multiple integrated facilities (Medical Oncology, Experimental Oncology, Surgery, Radiotherapy, Interventional radiology, Nuclear medicine, Palliative care) for all solid and haematologic tumours of adult and paediatric patients.
Urology Unit of INT Milan historically provides a comprehensive multimodal approach for GU malignancies. In particular within the Unit clinical and translational research is made, with special interest in bladder and urothelial cancer, germ-cell tumours and rare GU-tumours. A collaboration with the Dept. of Experimental oncology is always pursued within translational trials with new drugs or with targeted therapies in novel contexts.
- 26 Medical Oncology and Surgery inpatient rooms integrated within the Division.
- Labs of Experimental Oncology Dept.
- Labs for haematopoietic stem cell harvest and storage (for germ cell tumours undergoing high-dose chemotherapy).
- 1 Outpatient room for medical oncology and surgery each.
- Day Hospital beds.
Contact Person: Dr. Andrea Necchi, firstname.lastname@example.org