Cambridge Cancer Centre
ESMO Fellowship Host Institute
|Contact person||Dr. Richard Baird|
Addenbrookes Hospital Box 97
Cambridge CB2 0QQ
|Contact||Phone: +44 1223 769480 - richard(dot)baird(at)medschl(dot)cam(dot)ac(dot)uk|
|Web||Cambridge Cancer Centre|
- Translational Research Fellowship
- Clinical Research Fellowship
Training Experience required
- Proficient in written and spoken English
- GMC Full registration
- MBBS and MRCP or acceptable equivalent
- At least two years post graduate training in medical oncology in a recognised Cancer Centre/Unit
General description of the institute
The Cambridge Cancer Centre is a dynamic collaboration of researchers, clinicians, and the pharmaceutical and biotech industries based in the Cambridge area. We combine world-class science and technology with excellent patient care to pioneer new ways to prevent, detect and treat cancer. By working together across different disciplines, we are breaking down the barriers between the laboratory and the clinic, enabling patients to benefit from the latest innovations in cancer science.
Patient Care and Clinical Research
We offer a leading cancer care specialist service at Addenbrooke's Hospital. We are committed to translating our clinical research to improve patient outcomes by recruiting the highest proportion of patients onto clinical trials in the UK.
Preclinical and Translational Reseach
Over 140 research groups work together across traditional academic, commercial and clinical boundaries. We connect cutting-edge science and technology from different disciplines to shed new light on preventing and controlling cancer.
We educate and train the next generation of cancer scientists and clinicians. Working with the University of Cambridge we provide a stimulating learning environment for undergraduates, graduates, and postdoctoral researchers.
- Phase 1/2 Clinical Trials Programme (17 open trials - December 2014)
- Cancer Research UK Cambridge Institute
- Addenbrooke's Hospital - university teaching hospital
- University of Cambridge - many world-class research departments and institutes
Each fellow will have an active role in the management of patients treated within clinical trials. Fellows will also have the opportunity to contribute to the research portfolio with his/her individual project which may lead to abstracts and publications.