Translational Research Unit Visits
These three or four days visits are educational events for young oncologists.
They provide the opportunity to:
- Gain insight into oncology care and translational research at a top cancer centre
- Support efforts to expand professional networks with a European institution of excellence
|Translational Research Unit Visit||13-16 May 2014|
Next Translational Research Unit Visits
Topic: Integrating multidisciplinary issues in clinical oncology: the paradigm of urologic tumours
Host Institute: Fondazione IRCCS Istituto Nazionale dei Tumori, Milan, Italy
Visit Dates: 13 – 16 May 2014
Application deadline: 15 March 2014
Successful applicants will receive a 1,000€ fellowship towards their visit cost.
For further information about the programme and the institute, please download the following documents:
Important: All applications must be submitted in English; incomplete applications will not be accepted.
- Be a Full or Junior ESMO member (or apply for membership)
- Be under the age of 40
- Be proficient in English
Application must include:
- Completed online application form
- Digital photograph
- Motivation letter
Application review process:
Applications are reviewed by the ESMO Fellowship and Award Committee which comprises leaders in the field of medical, radiation, or surgical oncology as well as basic scientists participating in cancer research. The committee will select the recipients after evaluating and scoring all aspects of the application:
- The extent and level of previous education (CV)
- Motivation letter
- Other professional training
- Quality of the application
- How the acquired information and knowledge will be used in the home institute
The Committee will evaluate each applicant taking into consideration the above irrespective of race, sex, nationality, or religious/political views.
The hosting institute will receive 1,000€ towards administration costs.
The ESMO Translational Research Unit Visits are supported by an Educational Grant from Roche.