Translational Research Unit Visits
These three or four days visits are educational events for young oncologists.
They provide the opportunity to:
- Gain insight into oncology care and translational research at a top cancer centre
- Support efforts to expand professional networks with a European institution of excellence
|Translational Research Unit Visit||3 - 6 February 2015|
Next Translational Research Unit Visit
Topic: How to develop a translational research project with clinical applicability
Host Institute: Dipartimento Medico-Chirurgico di Internistica Clinica e Sperimentale “F. Magrassi”; Second University of Naples, Italy
Visit Dates: 3-6 February 2015
Application deadline: 1 December 2014. We are no longer accepting applications for this visit.
Successful applicants will receive a 1,000€ fellowship towards their visit cost
For further information about the programme and the institute, please download the following documents:
Important: All applications must be submitted in English; incomplete applications will not be accepted.
- Be a Full or Junior ESMO member in good standing at the time of application – renew your membership here
- Be under the age of 40
- Be proficient in English
NB: Candidates who have previously participated in an ESMO TRU Visit can not apply to take part in a second visit and are therefore not eligible.
Application must include:
- Completed online application form
- Digital photograph
- Motivation letter
Application review process:
Applications are reviewed by the ESMO Fellowship and Award Committee which comprises leaders in the field of medical, radiation, or surgical oncology as well as basic scientists participating in cancer research. The committee will select the recipients after evaluating and scoring all aspects of the application:
- The extent and level of previous education (CV)
- Motivation letter
- Other professional training
- Quality of the application
- How the acquired information and knowledge will be used in the home institute
The Committee will evaluate each applicant taking into consideration the above irrespective of race, sex, nationality, or religious/political views.
The hosting institute will receive 1,000€ towards administration costs.
The ESMO Translational Research Unit Visits are supported by an Educational Grant from Roche.