Translational Research Unit Visits
These three or four days visits are educational events for young oncologists.
They provide the opportunity to:
- Gain insight into oncology care and translational research at a top cancer centre
- Support efforts to expand professional networks with a European institution of excellence
|Fellowship||Next application deadline|
|Translational Research Unit Visit (TRU)||Currently closed for applications|
Next TRU Visit: Dipartimento Medico-Chirurgico di Internistica Clinica e Sperimentale “F. Magrassi”, Second University of Naples, Italy
Topic: 'How to develop a translational research project with clinical applicability'
Dates: 4-7 April 2016
Applications for this visit closed 22 February 2016
For information about the programme and the institute, please download the following documents:
Amount and duration
Each awardee will receive 1,000€ to cover travel, local transport and accommodation. The host institute will receive 2,000€ for administration costs.
Number of fellowships
Several TRU visits are organised at various host institutes throughout the year (mainly during spring and autumn).
Please read the full Guidelines and Application Instructions for TRU Visit Fellowships before starting your application.
- Be a Full or Junior ESMO member in good standing at the time of application – renew your membership here
- Be no older than 40 years at the time of application
- Be proficient in English
NB: Candidates who have previously participated in an ESMO TRU Visit can not apply to take part in a second visit and are therefore not eligible.
Application must include:
- Completed online application form
- Digital photograph
- Motivation letter
Application review process:
Applications are reviewed by the ESMO Fellowship and Award Committee which comprises leaders in the oncology field. The committee will evaluate and score all aspects of the application, and in particular focus on:
- The extent and level of previous education (CV)
- Motivation letter
- Other professional training
- Quality of the application
- How the acquired information and knowledge will be used in the home institute
Priority will be given to applicants who are not currently working at an institute of excellence as well as to applicants who have no laboratory experience, as the TRU Visit is an introduction to translational research.
Applicants with the highest score will be awarded the fellowship.
Important: All applications must be submitted in English; incomplete applications will not be accepted; applicants will be notified about the result approximately one month after the application deadline.