ESMO Award Nomination Details
The ESMO Award is aimed at recognising senior medical oncologists that have made an outstanding contribution to the field of medical oncology by promoting the recognition of this specialist at the European or International level.
Nominations for the 2015 ESMO Award will open in January 2015
- Candidates must be senior medical oncologists who have made a long-term impact in the field throughout their careers
- Must be an ESMO Member
- Have not previously received this award
- The candidate cannot be a current or recent (last two years) member of either the ESMO Executive Board or the ESMO Fellowship and Award Committee
Nominations may be made by any ESMO Full, Honorary and Emeritus members. Candidates may not nominate themselves.
- The Fellowship and Award Committee Members are to provide a nominee for each of the Awards.
- The nominees must be ESMO Members and medical oncologists.
- The nominees must not have already received the Award.
- For the ESMO Award the nominees must be medical oncologists who have made a long-term impact in the field of medical oncology throughout their career. This Award is to be bestowed to an individual.
- No regard will be given to race, gender, nationality, religious or political views and the choice of the award winner will be made on the basis of the nominees scientific accomplishments.
- Nominees may not nominate themselves.
- ESMO staff who are ESMO members may NOT nominate candidates.