ESMO Practising Oncologists Committee
The ESMO Practising Oncologists Committee serves to identify the practice needs of oncologists who are hospital and office-based.
The development and implementation of educational services, practice tools and quality indicators will facilitate the implementation of best practice at the point of care.
Activities and responsibilities
- Identify the specific needs of practising oncologists and advocate for their prioritisation within the ESMO agenda
- Provide educational resources to help oncologists deliver optimal quality care to all cancer patients, wherever they are treated
- Promote the delivery and implementation of practice tools to support oncologists at the point of care and improve oncology practice
- Define criteria for quality of care in oncology practice and promote quality standards across the spectrum of practising oncologists’ workplaces (academic to office-based)
- Support networking and sharing of best practices bridging academic research and everyday practice
- Stefan Rauh, Luxembourg