ESMO Practising Oncologists Committee
The ESMO Practising Oncologists Committee represents oncologists mainly working outside of academic cancer institutions or comprehensive cancer centres, who are often involved in clinical trials and treat patients with a wide range of tumours. They can be hospital-based or office-based.
Its overall mission is to work close with ESMO to ensure the implementation of tailored-made educational activities/products including practice-oriented components, whose dissemination will enable ESMO to meet the Practising Oncologists' needs. In this way, ESMO will contribute to ensure the best standard of care for all cancer patients in Europe, inside and outside dedicated cancer centres.
Activities and responsibilities
- Learn more about the care of oncology patients in Europe, outside academic centres
- Identify and recognise the special needs of community oncologists toward ESMO
- Represent community oncologists within ESMO and voice their needs
- Advocate for prioritisation of practising oncologists’ needs in the operational ESMO agenda
- Promote educational activities useful to community oncologists by giving input to ESMO
- Contribute to ensure the highest possible standard of care for all cancer patients in Europe
- Stefan Rauh, Luxembourg