ESMO Translational Research and Personalised Working Group
The ESMO Translational Research Working Group was been formed to promote high-quality translational research in oncology and to foster development of translational research-related content for Society educational programmes and enduring materials.
The ESMO Executive Board established in 2012 the Personalised Medicine Task Force to steer the ESMO scientific and educational strategy and monitor on policy oriented initiatives in personalised medicine at EU level.
Since 2014, the ESMO Translational Research Working Group and the ESMO Personalised Medicine Task Force operate as one enlarged group. With such a merge, ESMO aims to optimise the activities in these two related fields and maximise targeted education on translating cancer discoveries into clinical practice setting.
Activities and responsibilities
- Serve as a resource to ESMO in developing and reviewing in depth scientific and educational activities in translational research and personalised medicine for oncologists to improve patient care
- Serve as a resource to ESMO in promoting/supporting career in translational research and personalised cancer medicine
- Serve as the resource to ESMO in developing content of translational research and personalised cancer medicine messages for delivery through different Society channels
- Serve as the resource to ESMO in analysing cancer research regulatory activities and development of strategies in removing/minimising barriers for incorporation of translational components into clinical research projects
- Serve as the resource to ESMO on positioning the medical oncology profession in striving for realistic and achievable initiatives to support accelerated adoption of personalised cancer medicine
- Giampaolo Tortora, Italy
- Cristiana Sessa, Switzerland
- Fabrice André, France
- Rafal Dziadziuszko, Poland
- Gail Eckhardt, USA
- Nicola Normanno, Italy
- Desamparados Roda, Spain
- Aldo Scarpa, Italy
- Konstantinos Syrigos, Greece
- Charles Swanton, United Kingdom
- Teresa Troiani, Italy