ESMO Translational Research and Personalised Working Group
The ESMO Translational Research Working Group was formed to promote high-quality translational research in oncology and to develop translational research-related content for the Society's educational programmes.
in 2012, the ESMO Executive Board established the Personalised Medicine Task Force to steer ESMO's scientific and educational strategy and to monitor policy-oriented initiatives in personalised medicine at EU level.
In 2014, the ESMO Translational Research Working Group and the ESMO Personalised Medicine Task Force became a single group. With such a merge, ESMO aims to optimise the activities in these two related fields and maximise targeted education on translating cancer discoveries into clinical practice setting.
Activities and responsibilities
- Serve as a resource to ESMO in developing and reviewing in depth scientific and educational activities in translational research and personalised medicine for oncologists to improve patient care
- Serve as a resource to ESMO in promoting/supporting career in translational research and personalised cancer medicine
- Serve as the resource to ESMO in developing content of translational research and personalised cancer medicine messages for delivery through different Society channels
- Serve as the resource to ESMO in analysing cancer research regulatory activities and development of strategies in removing/minimising barriers for incorporation of translational components into clinical research projects
- Serve as the resource to ESMO on positioning the medical oncology profession in striving for realistic and achievable initiatives to support accelerated adoption of personalised cancer medicine
- Giampaolo Tortora, Italy
- Cristiana Sessa, Switzerland
- Fabrice André, France
- Rafal Dziadziuszko, Poland
- Gail Eckhardt, USA
- Nicola Normanno, Italy
- Desamparados Roda, Spain
- Aldo Scarpa, Italy
- Konstantinos Syrigos, Greece
- Charles Swanton, United Kingdom
- Teresa Troiani, Italy