ESMO Community Oncology Working Group: Major Achievements
- Community Oncology WG name change decided to better describe the WG goals, will be “Practising Oncologists WG” from 2015; chair: Stefan Rauh, Luxembourg
- 2nd Community Oncology Special Session to be held at the ESMO 2014 Congress in Madrid: "Optimal use of systemic therapy in the palliative setting"
- Community Oncology WG contribution to the paper “The current and future role of the medical oncologist in the professional care for cancer patients: a position paper by the European Society for Medical Oncology (ESMO)”
- Results of the survey “What do European community oncologists expect from the European Society for Medical Oncology? Results from a survey among community oncologists in Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Luxembourg, Romania, and Spain” published as a letter to in Annals of Oncology
- Contribution to a National Representatives survey with questions on the structure of oncology care
- Results of the survey "What do European Community Oncologists expect from ESMO" published in the 37th ESMO Congress Abstract Book
- Community Oncology Special Session at the ESMO 2012 Congress in Vienna: "Excellence in care and chemotherapy: Goals and challenges for the oncology team"
- Article about ESMO Community Oncology Working Group’s activities written by Dr Paloma Martin published on SEOM (Spanish National Society of Medical Oncology) Newsletter
- Community Oncology survey conducted in Italy and Spain and finalized
- Survey “What do European Community Oncologists expect from ESMO” conducted in Luxembourg, Greece, Romania and Hungary
- ESMO Community Oncology WG established; chair: Robert Eckert, Germany
- ESMO Community Oncology WG becomes member of the Educational Committee Steering Committee
- Survey conducted: “What do German office-based Community Oncologists expect from ESMO?”