Job opening: ESMO International Affairs Coordinator
Publication date: 17 October 2013
(50% position, annual contract, renewable) at the ESMO head office in Lugano, Switzerland.
The suitable candidate will assist the International Affairs Manager to develop mutually beneficial relationships with European and international oncology societies. The person will assist in committee coordination, preparation and dissemination of documentation for meetings, project management, and preparation and dissemination of internal and external communications. The candidate must possess a proven capacity for strategic thinking and reporting, as well as developing practical solutions to improve internal processes, productivity, and quality of service. The role is suited to an individual experienced in providing outstanding customer service and cultivating long-term trusting relationships. The candidate should also be open-minded and hard-working, as well as an effective communicator with an excellent level of spoken and written English.
Suitable applicant should possess the following:
- Excellent written and spoken English language and communication skills, knowledge of other languages is a plus
- Good computer knowledge; proficiency in Microsoft Office programs
- Capability of working independently as well as within a team
- High work ethic and proactive attitude, able to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Ability to remain focused under pressure
- Swiss passport or working permit
- Available to travel, occasionally on weekends
28 October 2013
How to apply:
Please send an e-mail or regular mail and in English only to:
HR Coordinator, ESMO
Via Taddei 4
6962 Lugano, Switzerland
The application should include the following:
- An application letter of maximum one page (including notice time from current position)
- A CV of maximum one page (references should be provided only upon request)
- For the International Affairs Coordinator position please provide writing samples with your application
- A recent photo, e-mail address, and telephone number
NB: Applications that do not fulfill the above criteria, will not be considered.