ESMO is Hiring: Event Sponsorship Assistant
The European Society for Medical Oncology (ESMO) is offering a position at the Society’s Head Office in Lugano, Switzerland. The Society’s official language is English.
Events Sponsorship Assistant (100% position, permanent)
The post is a full-time position, beginning immediately, based in the ESMO Head Office in Lugano, Switzerland, however regular travel will be required.
The department is purely involved in fundraising activities such as selling exhibition space, on-site advertising, satellite symposia and other relevant sponsorship items that allow the major healthcare companies to better showcase their products/services/expertise at our various international congresses. Our international congresses are vital to further educate oncologists and fellow medical professionals and provide a unique platform for exchange that ultimately serves to improve the lives of cancer patients worldwide.
The candidate’s role will be to actively contribute to achieving the team's objectives and financial targets by assisting the Events Sponsorship Manager with the administration, development and management of sales for a portfolio of clients over the various ESMO congresses.
He/she will play an active role in the sponsorship portfolio and will need to coordinate all the various preparatory steps including the interaction with internal stakeholders and external suppliers. In addition, he/she will be providing administrative support to the Educational Sales Manager.
Suitable applicants for both positions should possess the following:
- University degree or equivalent
- Excellent written and spoken English language and communication skills, knowledge of other languages is a plus
- Good computer knowledge; proficiency in Microsoft Office programs
- Capability of working independently as well as within a team
- Customer oriented with high work ethic and proactive attitude, able to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Ability to remain focused under pressure
- Swiss passport or working permit
- Available to travel, occasionally on weekends
How to apply
To apply, please provide by 11 September 2015 by e-mail (preferred) or regular mail and in English only to:
Geraldine Fructuoso, HR Coordinator, ESMO, Via Taddei 4, 6962 Lugano, Switzerland, email@example.com
- An application letter of maximum one page (including notice time from current position)
- A CV of maximum one page (references should be provided only upon request)
- A recent photo, e-mail address, and telephone number
NB: Applications that do not fulfill the above submission requirements, will not be considered.